I rarely get to ride the CLM Monday Night Ride. This is for a few reasons: 1) I'm not a CLM'er and 2) I am not very fast on the bicycle 3) I'm scared of the dark and 4) I am lazy. So, realizing that the CLM MNR had been moved to a cyclocross warm-up ride, I felt I might be able to make something happen.
Or, as E pointed out, the ride came to me. How could I refuse?
I rushed home and swapped out clothes and was at SECCA in a flash. I immediately began heckling E and started riding behind him. As there was no race going on, I felt fine skipping the torturous sections and had a whole lot of fun.There were other folks there as well, but I only knew E and Chancey, so it made for a pleasant enough, competition-free endeavor.
After a few modified laps (I kept taking short cuts and getting passed by the same people!), E and I talked and decided to do an impromptu barriers clinic. E moved with grace and built speed. I tried to show how it was done and ended up hurdling my bike on the remount, which was pretty hilarious. Overall, a wonderful evening on the bike and with some pals. To the CLM'ers who won't see me on another MNR for a year (lookin' your way, Barry!), you snooze, you lose!
 |
| E: The Cobble Master |
 |
| Bunny Hopping 101 |
 |
| E, checking out his own fancy footwork. |
 |
| E: impressed with his footwork, he was gone! |
 |
| Chancey on the move, too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment