Friday, May 20, 2011

That's Great! It Starts with an Earth...quake...

Supposedly, it’s the end of the world as we know it and, to be honest, I do feel fine. Good for me!

So, there's a lot of noise around the fact that an old man who has a radio show thinks Jesus is coming down tomorrow, via earthquake, to take the faithful to Heaven and leave the rest of the poor fools to endure 5 months of torment. 

I, for one, do not believe this. Admittedly, I have played the game long enough to know that I could be wrong, but this same guy has thrown his hat down and stomped on it saying that the world would end in 1994 and, oddly enough, it didn't. If he misses out tomorrow, he'll be like the preacher who cried wolf. Fair enough. If the world does end tomorrow and I am left to suffer... I'll, at least, know that I've had an amazing life, surrounded by amazing people -- a phenomenal family and fantastic friends. 
...and I had one bitchin' bike. That’s a good run by my standards.

That said, it should be a lovely weekend. I hope to get out on the bike once, if not both days. If the world has run amok, it'll be easier to assess the damage on two wheels than four. If things are just peachy, then I’ll sneak a ride in and try and catch a baseball game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment