Here is a rare opportunity, indeed. You have a chance to step into the rarefied, somewhat stale air of my bike area. This is where the small stable of family bikes are maintained and, when I'm feeling particularly frisky, I will set up the trainer and exercise. Although that option is not taxed excessively. Still, it's a hideaway from all the other crap out there and I've had many a happy hour with a couple beers, some select tunes and a bike to tinker with.
Here's a worthwhile view:
So, as you can see, there's a lot going on there. Clearly, with not one, but two Doctor Who sentries, no one is likely to mess with the area. If so, they'll just ring the cowbell in alarm or fan the fires with the Lance fan to send smoke signal warnings.
What you don't see is the other wall and work bench, where the intricate calibrations are done to fine tune my racing machine. Some industry secrets cannot be divulged so easily.
Nor can you see my autographed poster of Andy Hampsten riding the Gavia Pass, which is just hidden out of sight at the bottom of the photo. It was acquired from Paceline Bicycles as they were closing and is autographed to them, not me. For me, it's a great way to honor both.
So, there you have it. This is where I sneak away when I need to de-stress sans familia or where I'm sent when they've had enough of me.
...whichever comes first.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment