Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Round Up

Let's see... what to offer today...
I'll go for the Grab Bag of Crap -- cycling and not.

More familiarly recognized as 'the usual.' My world. My rules.

So, I turned 42 this week. Very cool. It doesn't seem to amaze others as much as it does me. I guess folks feel about 42 the way I'll consider 43, but thanks to Douglas Adams, I see myself on the route to profound wisdom. That's, at least, how I'm going to sell it. A pal of mine says that the truth is not as important as how you choose to write the story. So there.
The party itself began with my walking into the house and the youngsters playing drums and throwing confetti at me. It's hard to convey how cool that is to be received that way, particularly from youngsters, but it was mighty awesome. What followed was a simple, happy meal, some presents and a giant chocolate chip cookie.
That's one big cookie.
Present-wise, only one thing matters and that is a promise from the wife to sew my half dozen Tour de Pig patches onto my bike equipment bag. This has been a push/pull issue between us for about 5 years and to get the commitment to have it sewn on is great. I'm stoked. I will premiere the finished product here.

The next big deal is the CLM getting local press! Those out of the loop, the City Loop Mafia are a group of committed riders who have a lot of fun and ride lots of miles quickly. I am their friend, if not pathetic fan. Think of me as Gleek to their Superfriends.
Anyway, the CLM made a two page spread in Winston-Salem Monthly magazine.
Very cool. Of  course, with E's podium, we shouldn't be surprised. Read more about their exploits on the City Loop Mafia Webpage. The CLM is infiltrating the Camel City like a slow moving virus. And, apparently, they're bringing their dogs. Nice.

1 comment: