Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Giving Myself a Hand

After a gruelingly long day at work, I came home, opened a beer and took a look at what needed to be done to get the bike ready for race day. During the previous cleaning, the actual presta valve on the rear tire came off. I took that as a sign to replace both tubes. I'd already planned on tightening the brakes, so it could all be done in one fell swoop.
I had a tougher time getting the brakes just as tight as I wanted them and was fumbling around in what must've looked like a monkey with a football when I realized I had just the tool to help me out. There, resting cleanly and rarely used on the tool board, was my Park Tool Third Hand. Sure enough, it was as simple as could be and the brakes were just how I wanted them. I was happy with the brakes, but I actually shouted out a hoot at the chance to use the tool. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment