Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wandering Out of the Wilderness and Straight into Christmas

You thought I was dead, didn't you? Bicycling dead, at the very least! Well, I've been blog poor and put cycling on the back burner for a quarter. That doesn't mean nothing was going on, just that I didn't bring it to your attention. So, with that in mind, let me play a little catch up.

For your pleasure and just in time for St. Patrick's Day, a Christmas re-hash.

Christmas is about many things - family... faith... feasting... and, I'm glad to report, we did all that.
That out of the way, I'd like to share some of the velo-related goodies that made it to my stocking, somehow masked by all the coal.

A weird chain bottle opener that looks like a snake. This ties my love of bicycling to my love of beer, while somehow being snakey to boot! Very cool and it will look forward to an abundance of use!


I hate my best friend. I hate him for many reasons. Unfortunately, he knows where most of the skeletons are located and I can't ignore him 'lest the stories get told. However, upon reflection, most of the stories have already been told! Ha!
Anyway... he and his beautiful wife are to blame for this VERY cool chapeau. Note the DFL>DNF logo on the front. All is well. If you remember the shirt they sent my way a couple months back, you'll realize that I have the best branding and swag for a website visited by less than a dozen people. So it goes. Again, all is swell. Oh, have you seen the back of the cap?

Yes, why that is a big, fat goat. Ian and I have the habit of calling each other 'Old Goat.' Apparently, I'm the fatter of the two. Now you see why I hate him. His wife, I just feel sorry for her. Him I hate. Still, a killer cap.

And, finally, while it didn't come under the auspice of the holidays, it did arrive in the meniscus  between Christmas and New Years, so I'm allowing it entry to this soiree. It is my Autodrop Ltd./Road Holland jersey. Oh my goodness, it is almost as dapper as I am. Lovely. I will look every bit the part, suave and in control as I go barreling into cycling futility in whatever venture is next. Well done, Autodroppers! A+!

So, as you can see, it wasn't all coal and switches this time around. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment