So, last month was Southern Cross 2012, a race I really had intended on being a part of...
They've got their schwag better figured out. I mean, look at this:
And it's the first year that they're doing a Southern Cross jersey. How cool is that?!
So, it was a with a heavy heart that I learned there would be no "Citizen's Race." I found out by way of the promoters, who said something along the lines of 'it's not that much harder to do the actual race, grow a pair.' So, knowing my limits, I moved it off the schedule altogether. Which gave me little to work for on the bike during the winter. I know I work best when there's a ride ahead to prepare for and with the SoCX out, I just shut off the lights for a spell.
Don't get me wrong, it worked out for the best. The better half scheduled a trip during that weekend and I had dedicated Daddy time. It may not be as physically strenuous a workout, but it's more important and a hell of a lot more fun. So be it.
Well, at least I'll have my pals' Double Shot to attend...
...well, maybe not, but that's a story for the next blog entry.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment