Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Visit to Roanoke

A little late, but let me share a quick velo-centric view of my Thanksgiving holiday. We visited my wife's people in Virginia, as we tend to do each year. I had intended on going back to Starlight Cycles, but found an old bike shop along the way and pulled in.


Cyclo-ward is in downtown and is the home of 5 overprice used bikes and a handful of free magazines. And the owner is a bit of a slow talking, carefully spoken philosopher king. Cool place that I would visit again.
I hadn't visited East Coasters in a bit, so I went over that way and ran into Wake Fulp, who works there. I knew he did and he was kind enough to remember me. Wake was one of the guys at Paceline that sold me my first bike from there. Small world.
More importantly, Joooonyuh has acquired some new riding breeches! He will, no doubt, benefit greatly from the padding nestling his tenders. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment