It was rainy and gross in Koln on Sunday morning when I came across a(n) UPS bike in a parking garage. I thought it was plenty cool. Of course, we've all seen this type of bike, but I liked seeing it actually adopted for business use by a large corporation. It makes plenty of sense in Germany, where the bike can access areas harder to reach by car and is much more timely, I'd think.
The Kolner Dom is the cathedral where the bones of the three kings who visited the infant Jesus are kept. It took 800 years to build and it is the centerpiece of a beautiful city. Beside it is the train station/mall area. So, it was no surprise to see bikes just about everywhere.
On the other side of the train station was a Radstation or Bike Station -- with bikes for sale and rent. Good to just get off the train and head anywhere you want.
Not a bike issue here, but this is a Krefelder - a mix of Alt bier and Coca Cola. Sounds crappy, but it was quite good. Just wanted to share. I guess, if you were so inclined, you could get off the train, rent a bike and ride to the local brauhaus for a Krefelder; but in Koln they get offended easily and you should probably just stick with the Kolsch.
![]() |
| Beer and Coke? Why, yes! |



No comments:
Post a Comment