Friday, April 8, 2011

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

The last two weeks have been crazy. I've been to Florida and Kentucky on bereavement and leave for Germany on business tomorrow. It's all becoming a blur. I've been on the bike exactly zero.

Not that I haven't thought about bikes a bit, but timing has been tight.

So, with that, I'll mention a few of things to redirect my focus back to the light and lively world of cyclery.

A couple days before my Dad passed away, I went out for a ride. No jersey. No bibs. Just riding around Winston a little and letting the mind clear out a bit. The trees were blooming and it was all pretty breathtaking.

Interestingly enough, I'll be arriving in Munster/Ossabruck around the time that Paris Roubaix is finishing up. I wonder if it'll be on television in the airports. It should be pretty exciting. I missed all of the Flanders reporting last week due to traveling back from Louisville. Now, I might actually get to watch Roubaix live. Very cool.

I found this picture of the youngsters yesterday. Nothing like little ones to remind you of your priorities.
Of course, if you can get your kids fixated on your priorities, that's nice, too.

Finally, my pals, Barry and E, are headed up to race in the Tour of the Battenkill. I can't imagine all the crazy excitement that they're going through. Good for 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment