After four days in der Fatherland, I was beginning to think I wouldn’t get an opportunity to ride a bike, when just the opposite occurred.
We were on a plant visit to a supplier in the Osnabruck area. A great fellow, he’d been told that I was hoping to ride while in Germany . He met me and said that he rides in to work and I was welcomed to ride around a bit on his commuter while he got some last minute things finished for the day. Well, that’s all he had to say.
I rode up and down the road a couple times and it felt nice. While I didn’t do any route, I had, at least, done what I’d set out to do – ride while in Germany . He had a Hercules brand bike, which appealed to me, if for name alone.
Now, Peter, who loaned me the bike, is shorter than I am. But his bike was pretty big for me, so I know he must have quite a commute each day. Still, it was wonderful to fahrt auf dem fahrrad, if only for a bit.
International cyclist. That’s me.





No comments:
Post a Comment