What an amazing year 2010 turned out to be. I went from no job and almost no riding during my (f)unemployment -- heck, I took 5 vacations! -- to the job I'd wanted for years and only a little more than no riding. In fairness, I intended to mount the steed. However, a combination of bad luck and bad timing left me without the beloved Steelman for my absolute favorite part of cyclocross season. Bad plan.
Once I got the bike back, with a new paint scheme and refitted with SRAM Rival components, a compact crank and Paul brakes, I made my way to the Tour de Pig (6th year!) and promptly ground to a halt.
Oh, I wrecked and almost drowned on the bike. It takes all kinds of stupidity to drown on a bicycle.
But I made plans. Plans for 2011 and the Steelman is a big part of the game. More on that, later.
So, with all that behind me, I decided to finish the year the way I started it -- on a ride. I couldn't seem to make a ride with E work, so I solo'd around Salem Lake. It was icy, slushy and muddy. There were some trees down along the way as well. That said, it was beautiful. At times, I was frightened and timid, but I had a wonderful time. A great way to wrap up an amazing year. See ya, 2010!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment