I had a day off, so I met up with KP yesterday at his house in Pfafftown and we rode out under heavy clouds, planning to take in 30 miles. We went through some beautiful areas, up Tobaccoville Road, Doral Road, Viena-Dozier Road and Lewisville Viena. KP asked how my legs were feeling before he took me up River Ridge Road, which has a monster climb at the end of it. The rain had been misty, but not bad throughout this part of the ride.
At about the 20 mile mark, we stopped at the shelter in the park in Lewisville. As we got back riding, the rain got much nastier. It became an effort just to get back to KP’s casa and finish the ordeal. On Balsom Road I realized my brakes were too wet to work. I was feathering them and highly concerned as I was trying to stop on a downhill there. I was thankful when I felt them start to catch.In all, it was a nice ride that got pretty ugly near the end. Still, better than a day at work.

No comments:
Post a Comment